[NEBULA] Amazon Echo not connecting with NSG Content Filtering enabled

Hughie
Hughie Posts: 24  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Hi there

I have some new Amazon Echo's in the house that i have to turn off content filtering to get connected. Once connected and working then i turn on content filtering and after 1 day etc the echo's stop working.

This seems to only effect the 2 new ones not the other 3 (older generation) that i have in the house.

When i look at the firewall / content filtering logs i do not see anything denied.

What has changed in the new models over the old one?

Content filtering profile is just the obvious ticks and nothing that looks obvious that would block it.

Any advise as do not want content filtering turned off.

Thanks

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hello @Hughie

Can you please help me to confirm if there is any relevant Amazon services in Security gateway> NSS analysis report, select as Content filtering.?

Chris
  • Zyxel_Chris

Hi @Hughie

May I know if the issue still persist? Feel free to let me know if any needed.?

Chris
  • Marcolz
    Marcolz Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Hi Guys! Same problem as soon as I tried to activate my two new Echo Dot 4.
    I had to turn Content Filter OFF and I could set them up.
    There is NO content filtering log.
    I'm tryng removing "SPAM" from the list, and re-activate the content filter.

Brand new NSG200
  • Marcolz
    Marcolz Posts: 8
    Friend Collector First Comment
    edited January 2021
    update: No luck leaving only Pishing and Malicious sites..I have to deacticate Content Filter until a solution is posted by Amazon or Zyxel :anguished: Nothing in the logs, but the issue is clearly related to Content Filtering
    At the moment, Content Filtering is OFF, Application Patrol is ON, Antivirus is ON, Intrusion detection and Prevention are ON.

Another side issue: I have two FTTH WAN1+WAN2, each one 1GB... Speedtest cannot exceed 720 MBs ... no way to achieve the nominal throughput. Shouldn't NGR200 go up to 1,2GBs???
    I ordered a NSG300 (up to 4GB throughput) for the other Office....let's see....
  • Zyxel_Chris
    edited January 2021
    Hello @Marcolz
    Welcome to the community, about the Echo dot4 issue can you activate the support request in Nebula, Help page then I can access to your org. to confirm the setting. (private message me your org. and site name. )
    I can see you have raise another post for the throughput question, will reply you there. :)

Chris
  • Hello @Marcolz
    Welcome to the community, about the Echo dot4 issue can you activate the support request in Nebula, Help page then I can access to your org. to confirm the setting. (private message me your org. and site name. )
    I can see you have raise another post for the throughput question, will reply you there. :)

Thank you Chris! I will activate the ticket as you suggested.

Nebula Tips & Tricks