Ap status (Nap102) Green orange white

Options
Eelko
Eelko Posts: 2
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I've got 8 ap's in use and I'm experiencing random dc's on some of them.

I can see that 2 of them are green and working fine
3 of them orange which indicates an alert
and 3 white. 
Question is what is the alert? they do work but are less reliable then the 2 green one's 
and what's up with the white ones? there is now white status in the status "legenda"

I should be clear that I'm not network expert so any help is mutch appreciated

All Replies

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited June 2020
    Options
    Hi @Eelko ,
    The green means the AP online, and when the AP acts as a repeater, the status is white. When the status shows amber, it means there's alert on the AP, you can check it in AP information by clicking the AP.
    Here's the status defined in the online document which you can find it in HELP> Online documents.

Thanks.
  • Eelko
    Eelko Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options
    Thank you 

when I check one of the amber ap's I see:
    problem seems to be the upling speed, when I hover over the exclamation mark I get:"uplink currently operates at a lower speed 100MBps"

Does that mean that this ap is limited in speed because the green ap's are connected to the same internet feed. (really bad internet connection to start with its being upgraded to fiber soon)

Also noticed that I can update all ap's might give that go later on.

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Hi @Eelko ,

Yes, when the uplink port shows 100M/Full, it means it's limited in speed 100M. However, the AP is set auto negotiation of the uplink speed, so please check below two items.
    1. Is the switch port able to 1000M? You can check it by swapping the green status AP and the amber status AP to check if the port can up to 1000M, or you can connect a laptop on the port for checking the speed.
    2. Is the connected cable use CAT5e or upper? The cable might be caused this issue if it's lower than CAT5e.
    Otherwise, please reboot the AP to let it do auto negotiation again.
    Thanks.

Nebula Tips & Tricks