Armor Z2 FTP filesharing over WAN

tidyho
tidyho Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited October 2017 in Home Router
Hi guys,
  I'm really satisfied with the Zyxel Armor Z2 performance and flexibility. But one thing I don't seem to be able to sort out:
Is it possible to have the attached USB drives shared via FTP over WAN? FTP works like a charm over LAN but I want to have access to those files from where ever I am. I already use DynDNS so I could access my local network from remote. But if I declare a NAT rule that maps the FTP Port to the same port of the routers LAN IP address it doesn't answer at all (checked with wireshark). I wouldn't like to have a dedicated FTP server when my router already comes with this functionality.

I would go with SCP access but I'm not a fan of having the SSH port open to the public.

What do you guys think?

Tidyho

#Router_September

All Replies

• Zyxel_Sally
    Zyxel_Sally Posts: 32  Zyxel Employee
    edited September 2017
    @tidyho
    Currently Z2 could provide LAN/WLAN access USB port device by FTP/Samba/DLNA.
    Therefore, as your setting at Z2 might not active at present. I will internally suggest this idea and hope give you update asap. Thanks for you choosing Zyxel produce.
  • tidyho
    tidyho Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Hi Sally,

what do you mean with 'Z2 could provide LAN/WLAN access USB port device by FTP/Samba/DLNA.'? Do you mean, it could but it doesn't? Or do you mean it does but I haven't activated it? I don't really understand your answer...

Thanks in advance,

Tidyho
  • Zyxel_Sally
    Zyxel_Sally Posts: 32  Zyxel Employee
    @tidyho
    Sorry for let you confused. I would like to explain you that now we only allow private local access the USB, not public WAN access.
    We are appreciate for your idea and will provide it for internal evaluation.

Consumer Product Help Center