Powerline adapters compatibility

zyxelcustomer
zyxelcustomer Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited October 2017 in Smart Home Product
Hi there! I have some PLA 5256 Powerline adapters and want to buy PLA 5456. Do these two work together?

#PLA_October

All Replies

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    Yes they work together. (Entire PLA5000 series work with each other). Remember your speed will be limited by the slowest unit.
  • zyxelcustomer
    zyxelcustomer Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi Johan, thanks for the answer!
    Remember your speed will be limited by the slowest unit.
    When I connect the new 5456 to the router and use other 5456s as peers around the house, I guess there will be the same speed between two 5456s as with no 5256 in the network (1800 Mbit/s).

So, the limit you are talking about will only affect the communication between 5456 and 5256, because 5256 can't do more than 1000 Mbit/s in ideal conditions.

Right?
  • Johan
    Johan Posts: 27  Freshman Member
    Slightly unknown terrain. But if it acts as most network equipment it can not keep link/connectivity between all devices at different speeds. So I do suspect you would still be running at the lower speed for as long as you have got a single unit paired & connected to the units capable of higher speed.

I doubt this should be an issue though, since you are unlikely to reach/max out the speeds they are capable of. This because they are dependant on the quality of your electricity/powerlines and how it have been connected. There are also a lot of disturbances in your powernetwork.

The speeds they have specified are in perfect conditions.

Consumer Product Help Center