Connecting Extender directly to AP via ethernet

dbben
dbben Posts: 1  Freshman Member
edited October 2017 in Smart Home Product
Ok, my AT&T wireless modem is no longer 100%,  I lose the wireless feature everyday and have to reset the modem.  While I have read the user guide for the WRE 2205 extender that I have, I am not technically savvy with networking terms in the user guide.  My question is: Can I connect the 2205 extender directly to the ATT modem via one of its ethernet ports in order to replace the modems built in wireless transceiver?  If, so can I get instructions in plain english or the user guide page number to this methodology?  thank you!

#Repeater_October

All Replies

• Zyxel_Kerwin
    Zyxel_Kerwin Posts: 16  Zyxel Employee
    edited October 2017
    Dear dbben,

WRE2205 is a wireless extender which is designed to extend your original wireless signal with more signal coverage. It won't replace your original wireless router but can extend the signal coverage with the same SSID so that the user can use the same SSID and password to access the network even the user is far away from the wireless router.

For the problem you are facing now, my suggestion is to add a wireless AP such as our NBG series products or WAP series products to your AT&T modem with an Ethernet cable to replace ATT modem's wireless feature. If you want to extend the wireless signal coverage, you can try WRE series product then.

A better suggestion is to try our Multy X product which is very easy to setup via your smart phone or mobile device. You still need your ATT modem to connect to Internet but
    it can replace ATT modem built-in wireless feature, of course, by connecting an Ethernet cable between them.
  • Zyxel_Kerwin
    Zyxel_Kerwin Posts: 16  Zyxel Employee
    dbben,
    WRE2205 is a wireless extender which is designed to extend your original wireless signal with more signal coverage. It won't replace your original wireless router but can extend the signal coverage with the same SSID so that the user can use the same SSID and password to access the network even the user is far away from the wireless router.

For the problem you are facing now, my suggestion is to add a wireless AP such as our NBG series products or WAP series products to your AT&T modem with an Ethernet cable to replace ATT modem's wireless feature. If you want to extend the wireless signal coverage, you can try WRE series products then.

A better suggestion is to try our Multy X product which is very easy to setup via your smart phone or mobile device. It can replace ATT  built-in wireless feature, of course.

Consumer Product Help Center