Can I sync two NAS540's over the internet?

Options
nwmike
nwmike Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I want to mirror my main NAS540 to another one at a different location. Can this be done so that is syncs changes dynamically?

Accepted Solution

• Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @nwmike
    With the scheduled backup and rsync option, you can make backup with a distant NAS. You have option to choose external location and use IP (perfect only with a fix IP) or using dynamic domain name. You have to open port on the way in the distant router for accessibility (default port for rsync is 873).
    Here screenshot, but sorry it's in french... After the 3rd screenshot you have to continue the procedure with choice of the folder destination, date, hours, ... :-)
    Hope this help you !!!

All Replies

• Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hi @nwmike
    With the scheduled backup and rsync option, you can make backup with a distant NAS. You have option to choose external location and use IP (perfect only with a fix IP) or using dynamic domain name. You have to open port on the way in the distant router for accessibility (default port for rsync is 873).
    Here screenshot, but sorry it's in french... After the 3rd screenshot you have to continue the procedure with choice of the folder destination, date, hours, ... :-)
    Hope this help you !!!

• nwmike
    nwmike Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Thank you for this! I will look into setting this up, Merci! :)

• cdamken
    cdamken Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    Options
    Is there any way to do over CLI?

This aplication only allows to rsyc FROM the  Zyxel and not TO the Zyxel.

Consumer Product Help Center