NFS on NSA325

Options
George
George Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited November 2017 in Personal Cloud Storage
I followed the tutorial and I have shares showing in my NSF file in the NSA browser. When I add my NFS file as a source in KODI the sub files, which show as populated in the NSA browser, have nothing in them. 
I am totally uneducated when it comes to Linux, so if there is something I have to do using it on the NSA please give me as much assistance as possible.
I would really appreciate any help anyone can give.

#NAS_November

Accepted Solution

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Options
    I see the problem as you were not installed the NFS package.
    You just created normal folder, not for NFS using.
    If you are using default package from Zyxel, then you can see there is the package name as NFS, and you need to install as below:

And you can also find NFS add to the bar on left side.

But if you doesn't want to use NFS to Kodi, then you can use samba(SMB).

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Options
    @George
    Can you share more information such as what you did and some screenshot if possible?
    What version of Kodi and NSA325 do you use?
  • George
    Options
    Thanks for your reply. 
    The NSA325 is the original version and the version of KODI is 17.5.
    As far as what I did, I had the predefined media folders but I created three new folders under the NFS option. Then I added the folders on the shares screen. Next I went to the NSA325's User Browser and transferred the contents of the predefined folders to the appropriate NFS sub folder. 
    In KODI I went to try to add each NFS media folder as a source. I can access the path to each of the folders, but when I try to select any of them I can't select them. KODI tell me there is no content in any of the folders. I know I must be either missing a step or having screwed something up during my setup.

I'll include here some screenshots showing the NFS, and Shares from the administrator's configuration section/ I've also included screenshots from the User Browser of the NSA325.

I hope this helps. If you need anything else, please ask and I'll happily provide it.

TIA

• Ijnrsi
    edited November 2017 Answer ✓
    Options
    I see the problem as you were not installed the NFS package.
    You just created normal folder, not for NFS using.
    If you are using default package from Zyxel, then you can see there is the package name as NFS, and you need to install as below:

And you can also find NFS add to the bar on left side.

But if you doesn't want to use NFS to Kodi, then you can use samba(SMB).
  • George
    Options
    I followed your advice Ijnrsi. I totally wiped what I had and following your information started the NFS then added the shares to that folder. Unfortunately, I still must be doing something incorrectly as I got the same result as before. Knowing when I've beaten my head against a wall enough I took your advice and tried Samba and it worked the first time with no problems at all.

Thanks for all your help. Even though I couldn't get NFS working I still got the end result of having KODI recognize all my media files. 
  • realthk
    Options
    The reason is probably the same as it was in my case: some clients (like Android) cannot use secure NFS shares - which is created by Zyxel NAS.

So you have to log into your NAS (through ssh or telnet) change to supervisor with the su command, and then edit /etc/exports, and add "insecure" to your shares:
    in every line where it was
    (rw,sync,no_subtree_check,wdelay,no_root_squash)
    now should be
    (rw,sync,no_subtree_check,wdelay,no_root_squash,insecure)

Restart NFS service (disable/enable NFS server on the Zyxel admin) and there you go, share can be mounted even by Kodi running on Android TV like Xiaomi TV Box.

Consumer Product Help Center