NSA310

ciland
ciland Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited December 2017 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hope anyone can help me.
Message no HD in Starter utility so guessed Hd was broken. I placed a new clean HD right from the store but now no NAS found in starter utility.
How can i test the  functionality of NAS or what is wrong with it? 
All connected as normal and on the front quick blinking green sys light and no other lights 

#NAS_December

All Replies

• Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    edited December 2017
    @ciland,
    NSA 310 have only 1 HDD, in this case, if you simply change it, you lost your data if you haven't a backup in another place... You can with linux access the data of your old disk if necessary.
    In your case, With the new HDD I suggest to you to make a complete reset of your NAS with the button on the rear. After you can reconfigure your NAS and use it again :-)

Other info here : https://kb.zyxel.com/KB/searchArticle!viewDetail.action?articleOid=015047&lang=EN

• ciland
    i did as you explain but no luck at all doesn't show up in starter utility and light keeps blinking
  • ciland
    after reste (2 beeps) and holding for 5 seconds after release no more beeps to hear so guess it is defect

• Fredzoul1
    Fredzoul1 Posts: 97  Ally Member
    edited December 2017
    After reset (2 beeps), do you restart the NSU to see if the nas is now finding ? Did you check the connections (cables) ?
  • ciland
    done all each time the same result

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Hi @ciland
    What is your HDD's model? Does the model in the compatibility list from Zyxel official website?
    http://il.zyxel.com/uk/en/ProductTab.shtml?pid=20110426084939&idx=8&c=uk&l=en

Please check the LED of the hdd, does the status nomal?
    If yes, then access NSA310 web GUI and go volume page to check if possilbe to creat the volume or not.
    If no, might NSA310's slot broke, and you may need the new NAS.

Consumer Product Help Center