NAS326 and Windows Explorer

shorty73
shorty73 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited January 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
I want my NAS326 to show up just a like regular hard drive does so I can see and access it using Windows Explorer.  Can this be done?  I don't want access from the internet/remotely or to use any of the applications.  I also don't want to use a browser based application for access.  I just want a shared drive for two computers in my house without using any special software.  I already had a difficult time even getting the drive recognized since the findme.zycel.com thing didn't work.  I had to get the IP address from the router then access it directly.  Once I got in, I formatted for RAID1 and did a firmware update.

If I cannot do what I have requested, the NAS will be returned to the store.  Thanks your help.

#NAS_January

All Replies

• kcbass1
    kcbass1 Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Don't really know what you mean but mine shows up when I click the network button.  I also have  a shortcut on my desktop for the frequently used folder.  Also for the password mine won't accept a password beyond 8 characters.
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Hi @shorty73
    If you want to keep using NAS326 with your Windows client, then you can use CIFS/SMB to access your data, such as \\NAS_IP or \\NAS_hostname, for example: \\192.168.1.47 or \\nas326.
    Moreover, since now you got the IP address from your router, I recommend you to set the static IP on NAS326 and save to bookmark, then it is better to you.
    Here is the example: 

• shorty73
    shorty73 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    edited January 2018
    Thanks.  When I went back later the computer finally recognized the NAS drive.  The problem I'm having now is I can't get access to a secured folder.  I have a shared folder that works fine, but I setup a secured folder and created a user with a password.  I gave the user access to the folder.  When I go to access the secured folder, I get this error.  I tried to access on my laptop and desktop computers.  What gives?

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Did you even login with admin or other account to access share folder before? But those account don't have permission to access the share folder:test?
    Since Windows CIFS will keep original account, so if you want to change login account, then you have to use Windows command line with administrator and use following command to see and delete old session. 
    After delete the session, then you can login to test with your new account, but if you would access other unprivilege folder with the new account, then you might need to delete again or set the access permission for the account.

Consumer Product Help Center