iPv6 support?

Ralle
Ralle Posts: 16  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Multy WiFi System
Where is the iPv6 support of the Zyxel Multy X Mesh, as stated in the hardware specification? My test tells me that there is no support. My Amplifi and Netgear Orbi show me the iPv6 with all the data on each device.

Software & Security

Firewall security (NAT)

IPv6 compatible  :/

UPnP

QoS

Network monitoring & diagnosis

Auto firmware update

Parental control

#MultyX_March

Best Answers

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Answer ✓
    We will release a new firmware at the end of this month, it will support IPv6 enabled default.
  • ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    edited March 2018 Answer ✓
    Can you try to reboot Multy X and use PC to connect Multy X via Ethernet cable or wireless connection. And open Command Prompt, input ipconfig to check the information of IP address.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Steven
    Answer ✓
    We will release a new firmware at the end of this month, it will support IPv6 enabled default.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    QoS is also listed as supported on the website but I don't see it in the app. Will that be included in the March update? Will it be for Device Priority or type of network traffic.. or both?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    @chip,
    Multy X is supported Wireless Multimedia Extensions (WME), also known as Wi-Fi Multimedia (WMM). It provides basic Quality of service (QoS) features to IEEE 802.11 networks.
  • chip
    chip Posts: 14  Freshman Member
    Thank you. In the future, could you add a toggle in the advanced settings to turn that on/off? It might not be right for some networks. I usually kept WMM off with my prior Netgear router.
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Thanks for your feature request in Multy X regarding WMM On/Off setting.
    We will evaluate it. :)
  • Ralle
    @Zyxel_Steven
    so where is the iPv6 support you wrote about?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Multy X (FW: V2.00(ABKJ.1)C0) is supported ISP Parameters for Internet Access IPv4/IPv6: Dual Stack. And we will add IPv6 information in next version of APP.
    You can go to IPv6 test website to check it when your client device is connected to Multy X.

• Ralle
    edited March 2018
    @Zyxel_Steven
    and again at the end of this month?
    The Test say „Not Supported“ in this Moment. 
  • ENDLESS
    ENDLESS Posts: 56  Ally Member
    Hi Ralle,
    Here are some questions wants to confirm with you.
    .May I know what is your network topology?
    .Is there a router connected before your Multy X?
    .Does your ISP provide IPv6 service? Do you check it?
    .How do you test IPv6?
  • Ralle
    edited March 2018

Hi, I have a fritzbox 6490 with real IPv6 Service. When testing IPv6, I only plug in my network cables. If I connect the Orbi or Amplifi, I get only 192.168.212.1 in DNS, but not for example,  fe:..... With the ZyXEL Multy I see nothing and the websites for testing do say „Not IPv6 support“.

Consumer Product Help Center