VMG3925-B10B and usb thumb drive

Options
Clowningman
Clowningman Posts: 6  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hello. My router is Zyxel VMG3925-B10B. I'm trying to access a thumb drive, which I connected to the usb-port of my router, from Windows 10. I can see the thumb drive and its contents on the configuration page when I access it in my internet browser. However I can not access it from Windows 10. I would like to add this thumb drive as a net drive from Windows. How the **** do I make this work?

I have enable File Sharing Services. I have also created a new share and it's directory is as seen in the picture. This problem is driving me insane.

#CPE_March

Comments

• Clowningman
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I finally succeeded to add the network drive. I can now access the drive from any device on my local area network.

However, now I have another question. Can I make this thumb drive accessible from the internet? Do I have to forward a port?
  • YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited March 2018
    Options

Hi Clowningman,

I think it’s impossible because all devices should be in same network. You can refer to VMG3925 user guide page188.

https://www.zyxel.com/us/en/uploads/images/VMG3925-B10A_UG_v5-11_ed1_2015-11-11.pdf

• Clowningman
    Options
    Okay so is there no way to go around this? For example, forward a port on my router and then access it through FTP or something?

Consumer Product Help Center