PLA5456 - Very Slow Speeds

caesar99
caesar99 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited March 2018 in Smart Home Product
I use the PLA5456 kit to provide wired connectivity for my Luma home wireless mesh network.  I have 100meg Verizon FiOS connection and when I had the Luma main hub device connected to my router, I was getting 75+ megs consistently.

Now that I had to move rooms where there is no wired jack, and thus the need for this PLA5456 combo, I am barely getting 10megs of wireless bandwidth.

What can I do to see what is going on?

#PLA_March

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    You may check the homeplug LED on the power line, if the LED becomes red, that means you should check your power line environment first as PLA product would be easily affected by power line quality and noise from other electirc devices.
    Try to turn off some electric device, such as microwave, light and some high noise device, then check the connection speed.
    Moreover, if the PLA cross many electric box, that PLA will also get poor performance or fail to see each other and connect to each other.

• caesar99
    Thanks @ljnrsi, the LED is flashing green but the performance is still very bad.  My first PLA is in the basement directly connected to my ISP router, and the other that I am trying to use is two floors up and the other side of the house, so that may be an issue.  I just have one electric box, or maybe I am missing something here.
  • Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    The LED is green? What is your physical speed between two PLAs? You can see it with PLA utility.
    Can you also show or draw down the topology to know how you connected all device on your environemtn?
    And you said the performance with Wi-Fi is 10Mbps, how about Ethernet connection through two PLAs? Topology: Internet ------ Router----PLA5456====wall socket=====PLA5456-------PC

• caesar99
    Thanks, I only have Mac OSX so there us no utility.  I moved it to another set of outlets and the performance is better but not exactly what I expected.  I'm good for now, thanks!

Consumer Product Help Center