IPTV

Options
leopejic
leopejic Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited April 2018 in Smart Home Product
Hello, i have Zyxel VMG1312-B10D router.
I had IPTV by local telecommunication company with their STB device and zyxel router. Lan ports 3 & 4 was setup for IPTV internet and when i watched IPTV, there was no internet loss if I downloaded something on some other device and when I turn off IPTV, the internet speed increased. 
Now i changed telecommunication company and I have new IPTV and new Zyxel router, but without earlier settigns. Now, when I am watching IPTV, if I download something on my laptop then my internet slows down on my IPTV.

Question is:
How can i set up (example) lan port 4 for IPTV wich will use internet connection without dropping speed caused by other devices?

Sorry for my bad english 

#CPE_April

All Replies

• YeK
    YeK Posts: 150  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
    edited April 2018
    Options

Hi leopejic,

It seems that you use different model from different ISP, right? Can you please help to share ISP and model names (before and now) to check? Do you get these devices from your ISP? Or bought them in stores?

• leopejic
    leopejic Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Zyxel router is from my ISP, but IPTV is from some local guy. I found out that I need setup QoS, but the problem is that my router (Zyxel VMG1312-B10D) doesn't have QoS options. 
    Can I update frimware or something to get QoS option?

• Zyxel_Support_CPE
    Zyxel_Support_CPE Posts: 188  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi leopejic,

In order to provide you with a better assistance, we contacted you through private message to get more information, please check your message box.

Consumer Product Help Center