What do I do if I forget the administrator password?
NOTE: The following steps below will reset the configuration to default, please backup the configuration at all times.
For the smart manage devices GS1900 & GS1920 series, please push the "Reset" button for 10 seconds to restore the factory default settings.
The following figures show the front panel reset button of GS1900 series Switch.
Figure 1 Front Panel: GS1900-8
Figure 2 Front Panel: GS1900-8HP
Figure 3 Front Panel: GS1900-10HP
Figure 4 Front Panel: GS1900-16
Figure 5 Front Panel: GS1900-24E
Figure 6 Front Panel: GS1900-24
Figure 7 Front Panel: GS1900-24HP
Figure 8 Front Panel: GS1900-48
Figure 9 Front Panel: GS1900-48HP
The following figures show the side panels reset button of GS1920 series Switch.
Figure 10 Side Panel: GS1920-48
Figure 11 Side Panel: GS1920-24, GS1920-24HP & GS1920-48HP
For the layer 2 and layer 3 managed switch please refer to the following steps:
1. Connect to http://www.zyxel.com/support/download_landing.shtml and download the firmware file of the device.
2. Connect a console cable to the switch.
3. Open Tera term software through the operating system.
4. Power up the switch then enters debug mode.
Figure 12 Debug mode
5. Input the command "atlc" to upload ROM file.
6. Browse and choose the ROM file in the firmware file then upload the ROM.
Figure 14 File > Transfer > XMODEM > Send
7. After the ROM file is successfully uploaded then input the command "atgo" to continuously boot up the device.
Please remember that the baud rate will be changed to 9600.
8. The device is ready to use. Username: admin. Password: 1234.
- 5.8K All Categories
- 1.2K Nebula
- 15 Nebula Ideas
- 12 Nebula Status and Incidents
- 3.3K Security
- 178 Security Ideas
- 583 Switch
- 25 Switch Ideas
- 406 WirelessLAN
- 3 WLAN Ideas
- 4.1K Consumer Product
- 51 Service & License
- 187 New and Release
- 40 Stories
- 24 Security Advisories
- 448 FAQ
- 206 Nebula FAQ
- 98 Security FAQ
- 65 Switch FAQ
- 63 WirelessLAN FAQ
- 20 Nebula Monthly Express
- 30 About Community
- 18 Security Highlight