Telnet - CLI - Add web configurator password without GUI

Jimbo
Jimbo Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited May 2018 in Smart Home Product

I have a Zyxel Router (VMG3925-B10B) which I am trying to configure to replace my BT Home Hub 5 (which might I say, is awful, and horrible, in every possible way). The problem is, I cannot get logged in, none of the typical and previously working credentials are working - I just cant get logged in.

I tried something different, Telnet onto the IP and got logged in and it works, I am on the router, and I can see some information (I managed to get the Firmware version for example).

I am wondering if anyone is able to help me, I am wanting to use the CLI through Telnet, to create a new user credential so I can get logged into the routers page. Primarily I want to reload the firmware on the box, its running an old version so I want to try the new firmware, and if that fails - rollover to an older release.

I am currently awaiting an TTL USB and cable set as I might have to reload the firmware through cable, but would much rather find a way to get around the problem without going down the line of risking turning it into a brick...

Anyone able to help?

#CPE_May

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 1,601  Guru Member
    replace my BT Home Hub 5 (which might I say, is awful, and horrible, in every possible way).

Off topic: If that is an 'A', you can install OpenWRT, which turns it into great box.

Sign In to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click on this button!