Issues with Multy X

Options
Dio
Dio Posts: 5  Freshman Member
edited August 2018 in Multy WiFi System
I bought last week a Multi X system that worked flawless for 8 days, then problems started. I had to reboot the units every day to sync. The problem that i could see was mainly the primary was not transmitting the main Wifi signal-although it did transmit the guest wifi network. At the end i had to reset both  units. When I set them up for the second time, I can see that each Multi device transmits a unique BSSID (have a Wifi analyser). So in total now i see 4 guest networks and 4 main networks (2 for each frequency), where previously i could only see 2 -one for each frequency. Is this normal?

#MultyX_Aug

All Replies

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options
    After read your post, still do not understand your problem.

Can you share your network topology?
    What kind of problem you encountered to cause you had to reboot the units every day to sync? Is there any detail description and what do you mean about "sync"?

Two Multy X nodes should able to see 8 BSSID when you enable main WiFi and guest WiFi.
    Each Multy X node has 2 BSSID for main WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz, 2 BSSID for guest WiFi: 2.4GHz and 5GHz.

• Dio
    Options
    @Hanamichi
    Many thanks for the feedback. As per your explanation above, I can now see 8 BSSID in my WiFi explorer (which you are confirming that is correct). When I first installed my Multis (two of them), I could only see 4 SSIDs !! -I don't know why. So when I reset the units yesterday, I thought that seeing 8 SSIDs was an error- created after the reset of the units.
    So obviously the 8 SSID is not the root cause of my problem.
    The issue that I was having is this:
    The main Wifi channel was not working, therefore the second Multi, could not sync with the primary Multi or extend the main Wifi (as the main WiFI channel was not available to extend). To my surprise the guest Wifi , was available...but only from the Primary Multi. 
    I had to unplug the power and restart both units several times, to correct the issue. Eventually the second Multi couldn't connect and the red light was flashing. After I reset it (hard reset) several times without being able to connect to the primary multi ...I hard reset both of them and started again. This is where I noticed for the first time the 8 BSSID. 

• Hanamichi
    Hanamichi Posts: 125  Ally Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    To my surprise the guest Wifi , was available...but only from the Primary Multi.
    -> May I know how do you know that? Is possible to provide more clear description?
    And this issue seems like V2.00(ABKJ.4)C0 bug, but it has fixed on V2.00(ABKJ.5)C0. Please refer to https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/2610#Comment_2610

If your main WiFi was not working, please make sure main WiFi is enabled.

After reset and reinstall this time, may I know do you still meet the problem?
    If yes, can you explain more detail about the problem you encountered? And what is the LED status of Multy X nodes?
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Can you please provide more information to clarify this problem?
    .What is the network topology?
    .What is the distance between two nodes?
    .Is the real problem that the client device can connect to main WiFi, but no Internet access? Or the client device can see SSID, but cannot connect it?
    .The client device has no problem with Guest WiFi, just only has the problem when connected to main WiFi?
    .May we know is the problem happen after the client device roaming to another node?
    .If turn off and then turn on WiFi on the client device, it still cannot connect? Or it can connect, but no Internet access?
    .What is the LED status on two nodes during the problem occurring?
    .When the problem occurring, please open Multy App use "Diagnose" to test Internet<->nodes, can it work?
    .When the problem occurring, please use LAN device to connect node, is it able to access Internet?
    .Can you please open Multy App use "Send Feedback" to us when the problem occurring?
  • Dio
    Options
    Hi Steven,
    i am back in action after I returned my first Multi X back to amazon and received and setup the new one. I am afraid I do experience the same exactly problem. The main WiFi doesn’t serve internet where the guest WiFi is available and works absolutely fine. The unit worked well for about 5 -6 hours and then problems started.  Happy to help you to debug the problem. 
  • Dio
    Options
    So I removed the guest WiFi and tried again. The system worked again for a few hours. Then with one laptop actively on the web and one amazon device streaming, it crashed again :-( 
    same symptoms, the WiFi channels are visible but there is not internet connection. The secondary unit cannot connect to the primary and its led is blue, where the primary’ led is white. I can connect to the primary device over 4G but not through WiFi. I plugged a network cable directly to the Multi’s port But there is not internet connection there either. 
    Am I the only one with problems ??
  • Dio
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Forgot to mention that I am using Skype Broadband. 
    ...and when the device fails I unplug the network cable that connects the Multi with my modem, plug it in my laptop and the internet is available (I.e. direct connection from modem to laptop). 
    Plug the cable from the modem back to Multy, connect another cable from multy to laptop....and of course there is no internet. 
  • Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @Dio,
    Thank you for the information.
    We're still under analyzing your feedback log. If there is any update, we will let you know.

Consumer Product Help Center