Port Forward EMG2926

Options
theshark556
theshark556 Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited October 2018 in Smart Home Product
I cannot for the life of me get this right.

I have been trying to portforward this router from Videotron (EMG2926) to work, i have tried EVERYTHING, firewalls, port triggers, DMZ settings, everything i could find; the problem is that i can access these ports from inside the network but not over WAN or outside the network.

Thanks in advance,
-yo boi im too lazy to spell chech this or correct the grammar mistakes ;P

#CPE_Oct_2018

All Replies

• Edwardc
    Edwardc Posts: 55  Ally Member
    Options
    Hi @theshark556

What is your firmware and topology?
    I have a NAS under EMG2926, and I could forward the port from WAN to LAN, then I can access my NAS data.
    How did you configure your port forward setting?
  • theshark556
    Options
    Firmware V: V1.00(AAQT.5)b4
    https://i.imgur.com/R0FLhmX.png

Any more info you'd like?
    I seriously still have no idea why.

• Edwardc
    Options
    If you enable WAN access on your EMG2926, can you access your EMG2926 web GUI through WAN? Just make sure your WAN is reachable through Internet.
    PS, if you use the same port 80 on EMG2926 and 192.168.0.175, then you have change EMG2926 http port to another.

Another suggestion: try to set default server as 192.168.0.1, then keep the following service setting, then try again.
  • theshark556
    edited October 2018
    Options
    @Edwardc

I can verify that my WAN is not accessible from the interwebs, and my router WGUI port is 8080(Auto changed after i assigned the new portforward rules were applied). maybe its blocked by the DHCP options(not able to understand what the options really mean)?
  • Edwardc
    Options
    @theshark556

I think it is not the problem to cause NAT port forward.
    But if you concern this part that you may can contact videotron for the assistance.
    Since the DHCP option 125 from Google is a Vendor-Identifying Vendor-Specific Information.
    Maybe they can check it and provide you the solution.

Consumer Product Help Center