Have a really strange problem with VMG8924-B10A does anyone have any ideas thanks

Options
Dell
Dell Posts: 4  Freshman Member
edited October 2018 in Smart Home Product
weird issue i'm having with router which otherwise works perfectly, i have a problem if i try to connect a new device either using WIFI or CAT5 it cannot get an IP address,
If i manually put in the IP address settings everything works fine works fine on both WIFI or CAT5.
If i use a USB WIFI adapter that has previously been used on the router DHCP works straight away.
its as if its rejecting any new MAC addresses because its reached some kind of limit, there has easily been over 250 devices gone through this router over the last year although maximum devices connected at any one time has only been about 10.
I have been through all the firmware versions available for this model, I know my way round the router settings pretty well since i worked with hundreds of routers over last 20 years.
any ideas or suggestion would be welcome be i have reached a brickwall with this

#CPE_Oct_2018

All Replies

• AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options

Hi Dell,

May I know your VMG8924-B10A firmware version?

Do you reserve some LAN IP address for some special MAC in GUI?

If we reboot the router, it will still happen or not?

• Dell
    Options
    Hi AAAAL
    Currently i have 1.00(AAKL.21)C0but i have tried all the previous versions but same issue,
    rebooting and even resetting the router has no effect
    no IP addresses or LAN are reserved,

I wonder if its something to do with the service provider? can they do such a thing?

• Dell
    Options
    looks like its fixed now, so in case anyone else has the same issue go to configuration and press reset, backup your configuration first in case you don't know the settings, then restore from the backup file, don't know why it didn't work the first time i did it
  • Dell
    Options
    spoke too soon, back to the same old tricks, maybe router is faulty
  • AAAAL
    AAAAL Posts: 125  Ally Member
    Options

Hi Dell,

LAN DHCP server is working from your side without the issue now? We can fix this case via reset the router, right?

Consumer Product Help Center