Display indicator showing DFS signals have overruled fixed channel selection on 5Ghz band

Wicky
Wicky Posts: 42  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
edited April 2021 in Nebula
On the monitor page of AP add an indicator to show that channels selection have been overruled due to DFS signals. 

Gives immediate feedback to to administrator what is going on.

Comments

• C10B
    C10B Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Are NAPs able to detect interfering DFS / radar signals? If so, we should be notified about this on the radio page.
  • Wicky
    Wicky Posts: 42  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
    I have had an issue where I contacted the gorvernment to assist in detecting an offending frequency. Because I had a radio station nearby that caused issues. This is not you typical interference and is not seen by the AP. It was not at the centre frequency.
    But as mentioned earlier in a post Ubiquiti had a feature to scan for distortion. That’s how I found out
  • Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited November 2018
    C10B said:
    Are NAPs able to detect interfering DFS / radar signals? If so, we should be notified about this on the radio page.
    Hey @C10B
    The answer to your question is Yes! Currently the Nebula APs can detect radar signals and avoid those channel if the option "Avoid 5G DFS channel" is turned ON

In the current stage, you can find information when DFS overruled happens in event logs page but not yet as status/notification. We have added this nice idea to our roadmap, we will update you guys with further news.

Nebula Tips & Tricks