Are Ethernet Powerline Modules Broken?

Options
MiloSparks
MiloSparks Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited November 2018 in Smart Home Product
They are both model PLA-4201. I cannot seem to get them to respond in any manner. Linking them seems impossible. When I try to reset them (reset button depressed for 13 seconds) nothing happens (the power and homelink lights are supposed to flash). I never see the homelink light up ever in any color. The only plus side is that the configuration utility on my Mac detects the devices. However, the utility does not seem to let me do much of anything. I mean this in the sense of the app's capability, not that it cannot talk to the devices. The fact I cannot get a response when trying to reset does not lead me to think there's not much hope. Any ideas?

milo

#PLA_Nov_2018

Best Answers

• Mihawk
    Mihawk Posts: 103  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After reset, the both PLA should automatically sync, but if you already plug them in the same electric environment or the socket nearby each other, then still no sync, then one of both might be broken.
    Moreover, you had tried to use utility and no success, so the result will be matched what you think and you might need the new PLA device.
  • MiloSparks
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Not what I wanted to hear but what I expected. That said, where is the firmware for this device? I can't find it anywhere. I think I know which is bad and might try and see if I can reflash it.

m

All Replies

• Mihawk
    Answer ✓
    Options
    After reset, the both PLA should automatically sync, but if you already plug them in the same electric environment or the socket nearby each other, then still no sync, then one of both might be broken.
    Moreover, you had tried to use utility and no success, so the result will be matched what you think and you might need the new PLA device.
  • MiloSparks
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Thanks for the response. Not what I wanted to hear but what I expected. That said, where is the firmware for this device? I can't find it anywhere. I think I know which is bad and might try and see if I can reflash it.

m

• Mihawk
    Options
    Search Zyxel website for PLA4201, and seems there is not the tool for firmware upgarde, only utility and DAK modification tool: https://www.zyxel.com/support/DownloadLandingSR.shtml?c=gb&l=en&kbid=M-01359&md=PLA4201#searchZyxelTab4
    So I think you may not possible to do firmware upgrade.

Consumer Product Help Center