NSA325v2: Transmission default download folder

Options
azimuth
azimuth Posts: 8  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited November 2018 in Personal Cloud Storage
Is it possible to change the default download folder for Transmission on NSA325v2? Currently I have to manually set the download folder per each torrent to my Video share, which I would like to be download folder per default. I checked the settings for Transmission but there is no option for download folder...

#NAS_Nov_2018

Accepted Solution

• azimuth
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have found a way to achieve this!

1. In web UI, disable Transmission package
    2. If not enabled, enable Telnet in web UI
    3. Connect to the NAS via telnet. Login as root
    4. Run vi /usr/local/zy-pkgs/config/Transmission/settings.json and edit the setting download-dir to desired folder. I have changed to /i-data/md0/video/ which is the built-in Video share.
    5. In web UI, enable Transmission package. Now all files are placed to desired folder by default :)
    6. Disable telnet.

All Replies

• Ijnrsi
    Ijnrsi Posts: 254  Master Member
    Options
    I think it is not possible, I did the check also, and as what you did, no option to change default folder in Transmission, moreover, I tried to use hard link to mirror new folder as transmission download folder via telnet, but it always show operation not permitted.
    The only option I think is use NSA325 v2 default download server, and it is possible to change default download place.
  • azimuth
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have found a way to achieve this!

1. In web UI, disable Transmission package
    2. If not enabled, enable Telnet in web UI
    3. Connect to the NAS via telnet. Login as root
    4. Run vi /usr/local/zy-pkgs/config/Transmission/settings.json and edit the setting download-dir to desired folder. I have changed to /i-data/md0/video/ which is the built-in Video share.
    5. In web UI, enable Transmission package. Now all files are placed to desired folder by default :)
    6. Disable telnet.

Consumer Product Help Center