Multy Ubuntu

alfmorten
alfmorten Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited January 2019 in Multy WiFi System
Hi. I dont have a phone and purchased a zyxel multy. I cannot connect my Ubuntu Computer to the Zyxel router, why?

#MultyX_Jan_2019

All Replies

• Dexter
    Dexter Posts: 108  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited January 2019
    Do you mean that you cannot use Ubuntu Computer to setup/install Multy X via Ethernet cable?
    If yes, as far as I know, Multy X only allows to use Multy App (mobile phone) to setup/install it.
    If not, can you provide more clear information about you problem?
  • alfmorten
    I have a Ubuntu computer, and I cannot access the Multy router to configure it, as I have done with several other routers from other vendors. I it is only accesseble via bluetooth and mobile app, why is this not stated anywhere in the documentation?

• Zyxel_Steven
    Zyxel_Steven Posts: 246  Zyxel Employee
    Hi alfmorten,

Multy X doesn't have the web interface. It only can use Multy App to configure/manage it by using mobile phone.

Please refer to the User's Guide of Multy X from below link.
    https://www.zyxel.com/support/download_landing/product/multy_x_22.shtml?c=gb&l=en&pid=20170508113618&tab=User_s_Guide&pname=Multy%20X

Due to product positioning of Multy series, only Multy Plus has the web interface.
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/AC3000-Tri-Band-WiFi-System-Multy-Plus/
  • alfmorten
    I had no idea that it was possible to produce a router without a web interface in 2019? Cannot understand what you are doing, I am very dissapointed. Please update the documentation with a warning, that you cannot use a regular computer to install the reouter.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    I had no idea that it was possible to produce a router without a web interface in 2019?
    Is that snarky? Apple used to have routers without a web interface too, but they stopped producing routers in 2018.
    Please update the documentation with a warning, that you cannot use a regular computer to install the router.
    And not only that, you have to agree with the general conditions of either Google or Apple to be able to use your router!

Consumer Product Help Center