reset button on VMG4825-B10A

Options
AFD
AFD Posts: 1
edited February 2019 in Smart Home Product
Was changing to a more secure username/pw and was interrupted.  Lost the new ones that were saved.  IF I use the reset button on the router could I lose my credentials/settings to my ISP (consolidated.com)?  I don't want to do that.  Just get back to admin/1234.  

#CPE_Feb_2019

All Replies

• SEJ
    SEJ Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    Hi
    As I know, the router normally has customized default configuration if it came from an ISP.
    So, I think you should still has the ISP default setting after you press reset button.
    But I still suggest you double checked with consolidated if these is a consolidated default configuration on your router.

• noella
    noella Posts: 1
    Options
    I just reset my router, and the new password I had set up did not go back to the original password that is printed on the side of the router. 
  • SEJ
    SEJ Posts: 111  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    how long did you press the reset button?
    It needs to press the reset button more than 10 seconds to reset the router to default setting. 
  • Afflospark
    Afflospark Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    Options
    Hello,
    As I read You want to ask that, change more secure username/password  is a problem or not/
    So I must say your more secure username/ password is never your problem. You have to just turn off your router for some time then check your new username/password working or not. Because the same thing happen to me last Sunday and this was rectified via doing this
    Hope this will help you
    Thanks

Consumer Product Help Center