NAS520 keeps rebooting

Options
MinoS
MinoS Posts: 6  Freshman Member
edited March 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi everyone !

I've just bought used NAS520 and it seems to work fine previously. But I just can't get it work.
It just boots.. blinks different leds, start the hdd and then reboots.

I tried different HDD combinations (1 HDD, 2 HDD, no HDD), tried hdd freshly formatted to ext4 - no luck.
Tried to remove the battery - all the same.

Factory reset doesn't help...

Maybe I should flash the firmware from USB ? But I can't find a good manual for that.

Please advice.

#NAS_Mar_2019

All Replies

• Wiasouda
    Wiasouda Posts: 156  Master Member
    Options
    reboot while you create volume?
    The disk was created file system previously?
  • MinoS
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I can't even get it working. So no Gui, no access through lan, no volume creation) Just reboot every15-20sec 

And yes, I tried with ntfs and with empty ext4.
  • Zyxel_Brian
    Zyxel_Brian Posts: 41  Zyxel Employee
    Options
    Hi @MinoS ,

Please check your private message in order to provide you the better service.

Best Regards,
    Brian.
  • MinoS
    Options
    @Zyxel_Brian thanks a lot ! I will try your instructions.

For anyone who curious - here is video of how it works now https://youtu.be/RqsduWgjisU
  • MinoS
    Options
    So usb restore didn't worked. Seems like it start to restore and then reboots as usually.
  • DjDunkel
    DjDunkel Posts: 1
    Options
    I have the exact same problem with my nas 520 now. It started yesterday. Can you tell me what you did to fix this issue? Assuming that you got your NAS fixed? :smile:
  • MinoS
    Options
    @DjDunkel Hi there ! Sorry for the late answer. Had no time to fix the nas yet.
    I've bought the serial cable and now I see in console that nand flash is corrupted. So it needs to be recovered from console. It won't flash from sd or usb.

Consumer Product Help Center