NSA325v2 - Lost files

Options
Wullie1320
Wullie1320 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited May 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi, I had two drives in my NSA 325-v2 NAS drive. One 1GB and one 160Gb drive. I wanted to upgrade the old 160GB drive and took this out. when doing this the 1GB drive was not accessible and showed as inactive. so I put the old drive back in and it was then Accessible. So i copied all data over to the new Drive (which i put in my pc) as thats the drive I wanted the files on. I took out the old 160Gb drive and then set up the 1GB drive again. I took the 500Gb drive out and added the drive by going to Storage, Volume and Add internal Storage. There was no warning about losing Data... But there is no files on the drive. How can I get my Data back? it's full of Family pictures and Videos.

#NAS_May_2019

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    The data on the 500GB disk is wiped, when you created a volume on it. But as far as I can see it's still on the 160GB disk.
  • Wullie1320
    Wullie1320 Posts: 4  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Disaster averted, I used Active@ UNDELETE to recover all my files. What an amazing program.
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    If your 160GB disk is still available, I advice you to get the files from that disk. Files recovered from a disk which was repartitioned&reformatted probably will have damaged parts.

Consumer Product Help Center