[VMG8825-B50B] Wireless printer stops functioning all of a sudden

oahnve
oahnve Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited May 2019 in Smart Home Product
I have had a wireless Brother printer (DCP-L2530DW) connected to my VMG8825-B50B router without any problems for over 6 months. All of a sudden my computers can't print to it through the router.

The printer and the router are connected (the printer has an IP address and I can ping it from the admin interface), and the computer is connected to the same wifi network (no guest network or similar). 

I have used the Brother connection tool, and I have also tried to add it directly through the computer (tried both Mac and PC) printer settings tools - but it says the computer can't find or can't control the printer. 

The router has the latest firmware and I can't find anything within the settings that would disallow any device access to another device.

#SP_May_2019

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,598  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Did you put any new devices in your network?
  • oahnve
    oahnve Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    No, nothing new. What would be an example of a device that could interfere? 

I do have a wifi extender, and I tried removing that as well, to make sure it didn't interfere. Didn't help. 
  • SAMJOSEPH
    SAMJOSEPH Posts: 1
    hey, first of all thanks for posting because i am experiencing similar issue. can anyone provide solution??
    thanks in advance.
    best regards!!!
    Refer this insightful article now.
  • Hikari
    Hikari Posts: 99
    First Comment
    Hi oahnve and SAMJOSEPH

If you said there has a IP with the printer can you ping to the IP from you computer?

Since it has been working for 6 months before. If you try from the very beging, clean all the seeting on printer. And re-configration the pritner again, will it help?

Consumer Product Help Center