(EMG3525-q10a) Why are none of my ports open when i port forward

Options
YarBoi
YarBoi Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2019 in Smart Home Product
I have a EMG3525-q10a router and im trying to set up a forge minecraft server for some friends. I havent been able to port forward since i switched internet providers. I have followed all the steps to port forward. It says my port forward works and is on, but when i use a port tester tool it doesnt work still. All my fire walls are diabled btw

#SP_Jun_2019

Accepted Solution

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I havent been able to port forward since i switched internet providers.

So it worked before you switched? I guess there is another NAT layer now. Did they send a new modem? If yes, check if it's not a modem/router combo. If it is, you'll have to port forward in that router too, or put it in bridge mode. If they didn't send a new modem, it's possible that you are behind a Carrier grade NAT. In that case you'll have to contact your provider how to port forward.

It's easy to find out if there is another NAT layer. Just check if the IP address shown by https://www.whatismyip.com/ is the same as the WAN address of your EMG3525-q10a, as shown in the webinterface.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I havent been able to port forward since i switched internet providers.

So it worked before you switched? I guess there is another NAT layer now. Did they send a new modem? If yes, check if it's not a modem/router combo. If it is, you'll have to port forward in that router too, or put it in bridge mode. If they didn't send a new modem, it's possible that you are behind a Carrier grade NAT. In that case you'll have to contact your provider how to port forward.

It's easy to find out if there is another NAT layer. Just check if the IP address shown by https://www.whatismyip.com/ is the same as the WAN address of your EMG3525-q10a, as shown in the webinterface.

• YarBoi
    YarBoi Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Thank you for helping me. However my internet provider is forcing me to pay to put the modem in bridge mode so I gave up.
  • Mijzelf
    Options
    If the modem/router supports DMZ, you can put your own router in it. In that case all ports from the modem/router are automatically forwarded to your own router.

Consumer Product Help Center