How can i turn on my NAS 326 remotely

Options
William2
William2 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited July 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
hello, i dont want to have NAS turned on all the time. there is some option in settings "allow to turn on NAS remotely", but i havent found how to do it. 
could anyone help me?

Thank you

#NAS_Jul_2019

Accepted Solution

• Mihawk
    Mihawk Posts: 103  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To use Wake On LAN from a computer on your LAN, install a program such as Wake On LAN EX or other Wake On LAN programs that supports sending magic packets. You can also use Wake On LAN from a remote location if the router in front of the NAS that supports sending magic packets.

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    In Control Panel->Maintenance->Power you can enable Wake On Lan.
  • William2
    William2 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    i turned it on, but i dont know how to wake it up...
  • Mihawk
    Mihawk Posts: 103  Ally Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    To use Wake On LAN from a computer on your LAN, install a program such as Wake On LAN EX or other Wake On LAN programs that supports sending magic packets. You can also use Wake On LAN from a remote location if the router in front of the NAS that supports sending magic packets.
  • pixl
    pixl Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options
    Well, I have the same problem and I'm completely baffled.
    I have a Synology NAS too and can press the "WOL" button in an Android app called DSM Finder, when the DSM box is down to start it again.
    How or where can I do it for my new NAS542?

• ikubuf
    ikubuf Posts: 134  Ally Member
    Options
    Access the NAS device go to control panel --->Power ----> And you can see the Wake on lan option

• pixl
    First Comment
    Options
    Thanks very much! Yes, I know and I've already done that. :) My question is how can I use the WOL functionality? How can I wake up my Zyxel box? For Synology, I can use "DSM Finder" app to launch that DSM box. But what is the app for Zyxel NAS???
  • pixl
    First Comment
    Options
    Sorry, problem solved. :)
    Found the app "Wake On LAN" in the Android Play Store ...
    :D
  • pixl
    First Comment
    Options
    pixl said:
    Sorry, problem solved. :)
    Found the app "Wake On LAN" in the Android Play Store ...
    :D

That app works like a charm, I added my DSM and kicked the DSM Finder ... :D
  • pixl
    First Comment
    Options
    Hello again, after months the WOL app still works fine for my two Synology boxes but not for my Zyxel NAS542 anymore. WOL is still enabled in power management, as far as I know I haven't made any other changes to my Zyxel box. I implemented an automatic shutdown, so the box stops every night and I only turned it on via WOL. The box is two floors below my PC, so turning it on with the power button sucks... Any ideas?
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    Options
    Long shot. Are you using the other network port on the NAS now? That has another MAC address.

Consumer Product Help Center