NAS326 not responsive

Options
billh
billh Posts: 1
edited November 2019 in Personal Cloud Storage
My NAS326 is roughly 5 or 6 years old. It is getting where it is not reachable and has to be rebooted. It will be fine for a while, but then have to reboot again. Now the box pretty much won't last a few minutes, before it can't be used. More and more it takes more than an hour before the status light will stop blinking and remain steady.

I had years ago disabled myZyXELcloud thumbnails, Twonky and iTunes servers. However the CPU and Ram is at 100% from the time it boots until it becomes unresponsive.  I went in and verified that the thumbnails and servers are still disabled if by some strange thing they were reactivated somehow. They are still deactivated.

The Storage Manager reports disks are healthy and Volume1 is resyncing. 

Could the box be going bad or should I look for something that could make this box last a while longer? 
I have had a NSA221 much longer, but that is mostly full so I can't copy over the 50% full NAS326.

What can be done to help my NAS326? Because I really don't have the funds to replace now.
If I can't get my NAS326 to keep going..
Will I loose all my data if I buy a newer NAS?  A 520? or 540?
If I have to buy a new NAS326 will I loose the data plugging these drives in?

Please help

#NAS_Nov_2019

Comments

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,618  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    You'll have to find out which process is eating all CPU cycles and ram. If you can login over ssh, you can see that by executing 'top'.
    The Storage Manager reports disks are healthy and Volume1 is resyncing. 
    A resyncing array is something which shouldn't appear in normal usage. In your case it could be caused by the reboot. Do you have to pull the power plug, or keep the power button pressed until it powers off?
    Will I loose all my data if I buy a newer NAS?  A 520? or 540?
    By design the disks and their volumes will be recognized. But depending on the source of your problem the problem could be moved too. A new 326 will also accept this disks.

• sox
    sox Posts: 8  Freshman Member
    Options
    I have a zyxel router and they make stuff to last a certain period of time to buy some more .... how will I ever buy something that after just 1 year of using it is dead??? same thing happened to me ...
    WIL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM ZYXEL AGAIN.

Consumer Product Help Center