Stuck in bootloop.

Options
Kruno
Kruno Posts: 3  Freshman Member
edited January 2020 in Personal Cloud Storage
Hi. My nas540 is beeping ones and stuck in bootloop. First I thought one of the disks was damaged but when I changed one of them it beeps many times and then reboots, all the time. I can't even logg on to it. What's wrong?

#NAS_Jan_2020

Comments

• L4z33w
    L4z33w Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Had the same problem with this one beep and then a reboot. Bought a second NAS540, cause I thought it was a hardware issue. 
    Installed the HDs in the second one, restored the 6 months old config from my first NAS. After 1-2 fails in the WebUI, it runned one time till the same problem came again! 
    Thats what I figured out / my thoughts:
    It wasn't a hardware issue as well, I think its more a defect in the software configuration file.

To make it run: You have to catch the point, when the NAS is ready to reset, with the reset button on the rear, that the NAS can restore the defaults (no worries, the filesystems will be recognized after that). Catching the point is tricky, but you know when you got it when the NASs working LED blinks and a reboot caused of the effect from the defaults restoring...

In my case I could made it run again on my NAS, not on the 2nd, bought one. While I figured this out, I think I crashed the 2nd NAS one by trying (pulled out an HD while booting). When I start it up now, it beeps all the time.
  • Kruno
    Kruno Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    Options
    Nope, not working. Something else?
  • L4z33w
    L4z33w Posts: 9  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary
    edited January 2020
    Options
    try it with the rescue stick of @Mijzelf ?
  • Mel
    Mel Posts: 83  Ally Member
    Options

Consumer Product Help Center