during the firmware upgrade the nas326 is stuck

Options
perdidohate
perdidohate Posts: 5  Freshman Member
During the latest firmware upgrade (NAS326_V5.21(AAZF.8)C0) it starts and at 10 % it doesn't go further .  It's 3 hours now in the process. If i go to the panel, which is extremely slow, i can see that the cpu usage is 100% and if i try to restart, reset i receive a message like "cannot, doing firmware upgrade ".
the system led is solid white (so theoretically the firmware update has finished) but i cannot power the nas off with the power button.
I do not have plug the power off because i'm afraid of damage. What can i do?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Sakura_T
    Sakura_T Posts: 101  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Options
    You may have to press the button until one "beep" to reset. Have you tried that?
  • Kim
    Kim Posts: 37  Freshman Member
    Answer ✓
    Options
    I have found a similar post in the forum and after rebooting NAS the firmware upgrade can be completed.
    You can check it
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/8475#Comment_8475
  • perdidohate
    edited April 2020
    Options
    Reset doesn't work.Now i 've the same message like the one pointed by Kim so  I've posted a question in the other answer. Thank you very much
  • perdidohate
    edited April 2020
    Options
    ok, i've turn it off and turn it on again.  It was sitting for about 12 hours with the phrase "no log in.firmware update ongoing" when i try to log in. No firmware update but it's working again. No data loss. i'll just wait until my heartbeat returns normal to retry the update :D
     Thanks everyone
  • Teligence
    Teligence Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    Firmware update trouble. It's still updating after over 12 hours. I logged in to my NAS326 yesterday and was prompted to update my firmware. I chose to update it, and it only progressed to 10% complete after a couple hours, then no further progression. I closed my browser but I can no longer see any progression status. It only shows that a firmware update is in progress and I can't progress until the update is complete. I can still access the files stored, but it's extremely slow.
  • okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    You can ssh into the nas and type command "top", you can see which process is running and occupy the most source.

Upgrade the firmware from V5.21(AAZF.10) to V5.21(AAZF.12) does not take me more than 5 miutues.
    I think that might have something wrong in your network.
  • Teligence
    Teligence Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options
    Kim said:
    I have found a similar post in the forum and after rebooting NAS the firmware upgrade can be completed.
    You can check it
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/comment/8475#Comment_8475
    Can't find the post via the link provided. What should I search for?

• okimarukas
    okimarukas Posts: 87  Ally Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options

Consumer Product Help Center