VMG8825-B50B & Multy

Options
Bioego
Bioego Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Hi,
I have a VMG8825-B50B provided by my ISP. I'd like to extend the wifi range and was looking in the Multy line. As far as I understand the VMG8825 supports Multy Pro (I have succesfully connected to it via the Multy Pro IOS app), with that technology the closest device to my needs would be the WAP6804, but I cannot find anywhere to buy it (online in Italy, cannot visit physical stores at the moment due to lockdown in place). I was wondering if the Multy X/Mini/U devices would run with the VMG8825 (providing a single mesh network, with AP steering) or if the only way is to turn off the wifi on the VMG and create a completely separated mesh with the Multy U for instance.
Thanks for the help,
Kind Regards,
Eugenio

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    As I know Multy Pro and Multy X are 2 different mesh systems and can't work together.
    So that's why you can find Multy Pro app and Multy app in the app store.
  • Bioego
    Bioego Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    @Hummel , Thanks for the answer, I suspected as much. So it seems the only way is to forfeit the WiFi on the router and rely on the Multy U network. Not as bad as it seems, I just wished I could use the router as an additional node in the mesh :smiley:

Consumer Product Help Center