How to set up Multy U keeping the existing gateway?

LNM
LNM Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
I have an existing VDSL gateway (Zyxel VMG3925-B10B) that I want to keep. The only issue is that its WiFi coverage is too weak for the first floor of my house. I expect that this must be a very common scenario. So I purchased a Multy U 3-pack in the belief that I could use them as one very large access point, with the first Multy's LAN port connected to one of the LAN ports of the gateway's switch, and the two other Multies connected wirelessly to the first and/or to one another. I don't mind swithing off the gateway's own wifi so I don't have two. First of all, is this configuration possible? Next, what would the setup procedure be? I have tried following the Android app, but when getting to the internet connection step it says "Make sure the Multy is connected to your modem". That's how far I get.

#Multy_May_2020

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Please make sure VMG is connected to the WAN port of Multy U, and the Multy U glowing blue LED.

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Please make sure VMG is connected to the WAN port of Multy U, and the Multy U glowing blue LED.

• LNM
    LNM Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Thanks for the quick answer. I did try the WAN port but probably not in the correct order. So: Ethernet cable attach, power cable in, boot, blue light, launch Multy app. Then it works. After getting through the setup procedure I changed the primary Multy to bridge mode.

Consumer Product Help Center