Firmware Update Procedure

Seamus
Seamus Posts: 2  Freshman Member
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
Hi,
I need to update my installation of 3 Multy X,  AC3000 Devices. I'm just a little concerned about upgrading and having the devices at different Firmware levels during the upgrade and the possibility of them no longer communicating with each other . If I upgrade the Master will it propagate the new firmware to the two slaves or is there some important sequence of updating that should be performed.

Thanks
Seamus

#Multy_May_2020

Accepted Solution

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Dear Sir,

During the firmware upgrade process, the Extender nodes will also download the firmware file from Root, and start the process. After the Root finished the firmware upgrade and reboot, other nodes should finish the firmware upgrade process too.

If you have a node which is offline during the firmware upgrade, you can sample add the node back to the Multy system, the new node will compare its firmware version with the Root. If the Root has latest firmware, the extender will download the firmware file from Root, and start the firmware upgrade itself.

Best regards,
    Eric

All Replies

• Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Dear Sir,

During the firmware upgrade process, the Extender nodes will also download the firmware file from Root, and start the process. After the Root finished the firmware upgrade and reboot, other nodes should finish the firmware upgrade process too.

If you have a node which is offline during the firmware upgrade, you can sample add the node back to the Multy system, the new node will compare its firmware version with the Root. If the Root has latest firmware, the extender will download the firmware file from Root, and start the firmware upgrade itself.

Best regards,
    Eric

• Seamus
    Seamus Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Hi Eric,
    Thank you. That sounds fairly straightforward .

Regards

James

Consumer Product Help Center