My Multy X changed LAN IP to 10.0.0.*, How can I get it back to 192.168.212.* ?

Mosvold
Mosvold Posts: 6  Freshman Member
First Anniversary
edited June 2020 in Multy WiFi System
My whole networks is now messed up with incorrect IP adresses. I have many static IP that is not working anymore.
I have tried restarting many times..
How can I get it back to 192.168.212.* without a total reset?

#Multy_May_2020

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• PeterK
    PeterK Posts: 38  Freshman Member
    edited May 2020
    As I know, the only way to set the IP back is reset to default, and install the system again.
    Multy will set the IP back to 192.168.212.1 after the reset.
    seems there is something that causes the IP conflict with the Multy ip subnet(192.168.212.1), and changes its IP subnet.

• Mosvold
    First Anniversary
    Update. I couldn't wait so I did a reset.
    What is interesting to note is when I changed the DNS server on the Multi X from default to custom and added local DNS (192.168.212.4) instead. Then the LAN IP changed to 10.0.0.x. When I change back to default it still is 10.*
    Now I know what happened, but dont know why or how to avoid it..
    A bug in using custom dns? 
    Any idea?
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Answer ✓
    Dear Sir,

Please refer to the link:
    https://homeforum.zyxel.com/discussion/3337/problem-trying-to-run-pihole-with-zyxel-multy-x-wifi#latest

Due to the DNS IP Setting in Multy App is for WAN, you cannot set the DNS as your LAN device, otherwise, Multy would detect that the WAN IP subnet and LAN IP subnet are conflicted, then change the IP as 10.0.0.1
    You can set your DNS server on the WAN side of Multy, and config the DNS with the IP as 192.168.10.X, it should be work.

Best Regards,
    Eric 
  • Mosvold
    First Anniversary
    Thanks, That was what I saw and I also moved the DNS to WAN side. Not ideal, but works.

Consumer Product Help Center