VMG8825 B50B version 5.13(ABNY.2)C0 does not send caller id to gigaset AS405

Options
glf1234
glf1234 Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Smart Home Product
Hi,
   i have a modem/router vmg8825 B50B ver 5.13(ABNY.2)C0 that does not send caller id to my phone gigaset as405. I have tested with another router sercomm and it works as aspected.

Is it a known bug?

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    What do you mean the the router doesn't send caller ID  to your phone??
    Please share your use case with detail information if possible.

• TimM
    TimM Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Hi gif1234
    I've just recently got exactly the same model router with same (latest) firmware version & am VOIP -ing with Sipgate.
    I came to this forum because I have exactly the same problem as you, which I see you encountered at least six nmonths ago!. Funnily enough I'm using a Gigaset too - mine is the S79 series... but I'm certain that this isn't a relevant factor. Another guy I've already discovered with exactly the same problem is using a Panasonic cordless set.
    I'm certain this must be a firmware bug. ...When using GBR as the region setting, incoming caller ID always displays on my 'phones for exactly two incoming calls before failing, but can be temporarily cured for just the next two incoming calls by rebooting the router before failing again. However, selecting a different rregion setting, such as DEU solves the problem & it works fine continuously. You just have to put-up with the non-native tone set!
    My workaround for the last week has been to use DEU & put-up with the German tone set, but I've now switched to AUS 'cos the tones are closer to GBR (still using Europe Type call service mode).
    My Gigabit broadband FTTH service provider is B4RN (Broadband for the Rural North) & this is now their standard issue router. ... I've taken this issue up with them & they agree my findings. As a significant Zyxel customer, now buying these by the thousands, they're hopefully going to have more success pursuing this issue with Zyxel than us mere individuals :smile:

• TimM
    TimM Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    Hi gif1234
    I've just recently got exactly the same model router with same (latest) firmware version & am VOIP -ing with Sipgate.
    I came to this forum because I have exactly the same problem as you. Funnily enough I'm using a Gigaset too - mine is the S79 series... but this is not a factor. Another guy I've already discovered with exactly the same problem is using a Panasonic cordless set.
    I'm certain this is a firmware bug. ...On GBR region setting, incoming caller ID always displays for exactly two incoming calls before failing & is then cured for just the next two incoming calls by rebooting the router. However, selecting almost any other region setting solves the problem & it works fine continuously. You just have to put-up with the non-native tone set!
    My workaround for the last week has been to select DEU & putting-up with the German tone set, but I've now switched to AUS 'cos the tones are closer to GBR.
    My Gigabit broadband FTTH service provider is B4RN (Broadband for the Rural North) & this is now their standard issue router. ... I've taken this issue up with them & they agree my findings. As a significant Zyxel customer, now buying these by the thousands, they're hopefully going to take this up with Zyxel with more success than us mere individuals :-)

• Robhar
    Options
    Did this issue ever get resolved. I have the same problem using this router on Sipgate and am using the country code workaround but dont like the Aussie tones. I have Panasonic DECT phones so its not a Gigaset issue. Sipgate tell me they only get this complaint from customers using this Zyxel router so it must be an issue with the router. Surely after 16 months there is a fix for this.

Consumer Product Help Center