Can I use two different Zyxel PLA models together, and if so, how?

Options
danoz
danoz Posts: 1
edited July 2020 in Smart Home Product
I have PLA5456 (a 2-pack) that I've been using since February or so and needed to put another computer in the basement, so I bought a second set of PLA6456. I was pretty sure that these are compatible but the PLA6456 doesn't seem to be able to connect to the PLA5456. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

All Replies

• Greenlight
    Greenlight Posts: 57  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2020
    Options
    As far as I know, those two models are incompatible to each other, since different standard/protocol are used.
    (PLA5456 uses homeplug AV2, while PLA6456 using G.hn)
    PLA5456 are compatible with other "Homeplug AV2" adapters, such as 5256, 5206v2, 5405v2...
    You can check the Spec.in the Zyxel official website, where noted the supported standard of each model, two models must using the same standard to pair each other. (https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/1300-Mbps-MIMO-Powerline-Gigabit-Ethernet-Adapter-PLA5405-v2/specifications)

If you want to join different PLA models into original PLA network, the pairing process are the same as you pairing two PLA5456s: just press the rst button in the one close to uplink modem(until the LED blinking), and then press the rst button on the other one(til the LED blinking), so two models will automatically detect each other and pair together.

Consumer Product Help Center