VMG1312-B10A

Options
spp70
spp70 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
Hi
I have a two offices on 3 km distance and want to connect them.
I don't want to use wifi. I can use only phone line (twisted pair) from phone company. They already don't use it and there no signal on it !  Can I use two vdsl modems to get a connection? Or may be i have to use other devices. If there is such devices can you tell me what will be speed between these two points. I know that this depends from quality of cable and if such type of connection is possible at all. I don't need 1MBit/s, 256 or 512k/s will be enough for startes.
Thanks.

All Replies

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Not clear for what you are trying to do to connect 2 VDSL modems.
    Can you explain it with more information so that we can clear understand what you expect for?
  • spp70
    spp70 Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    I want to connect 2 offices and can use only 1 phone line between them. Phone line have no signal on in it and no other connections. Now It is a "my" private line. Probably there is at lеast one more twisted pair free. I need to convert ethernet from first office(LAN1) by some device (modem) trough phone line and on second office again convert signal from phone line to ethernet(LAN2), and get ping between this LANs.
    Can two VDSL router-modems work this way(peer to peer) on ~3 km distance(without connection to phone company), or some other type router-modems (ADSL or old V90 modems or others if it is possible at all).
    Thanks.
  • tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 849  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited December 2020
    Options
    Hi @spp70

I don't think that you can do what you want by using 2 off VMG1312-B10D, because they need a partner in the cabinet or in the exchange to talk to.

What you could do is have a VDSL or ADSL line at each office, like a home or office broadband connection with a VMG1312-B10D at each end, and then run a Site to Site VPN over the Internet between your offices.

or do it using other Zyxel kit, see https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/551/an-example-of-site-to-site-vpn#:~:text=Creating VPN Gateway-,Go to Configuration > VPN > IPSec VPN > VPN Gateway and,ZyWALL USG 100 WAN IP

or with Cisco products, see https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/vpn_modules/6342/vpn_cg/6342site3.html 

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2021.

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center