[Multy U] Ping spikes from 5ms to 100ms every 10-20 seconds

Options
ansdon
ansdon Posts: 5  Freshman Member
Hello!
My setup of 2 Multi U will have ping spikes every 10-20seconds from 5ms (to some other device in the same local network) to 100ms. It happens both in NAT and Bridge Mode.

Any know a solution?

Best,
Tim

Comments

• ansdon
    Options
    Here are the logs from the app.
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

How do you do the ping test?
    Was the client connected tot he Multy via wifi or ethernet cable?
    Which Multy node did the tested device connect to? the Root Multy or the extender one.

Best Regards,
    Eric
  • ansdon
    Options
    I test the ping via the terminal (ping google.com or ping 192.168.0.1).
    The client is connected to the Multy via wifi.
    I connected to the extender one. I can test the ping problem with the root Multy later.
  • ansdon
    Options
    There seems to be the same problem with the root. Overall I can see the ping response is very jittery, is this normal? Ranges from 4ms to 30ms and sometimes the 100ms.
  • ansdon
    edited September 2020
    Options
    After further investigation the Multy U seems not to be at fault in bridge mode here. It seems like the device (router) I am pinging just answers infrequently.

However, in NAT mode when I ping the Root Multy from a device connected to the extender one, I have ping spikes up tu multiple seconds every 30-60 seconds.
    I attached the logs for the Nat mode.

Some other problem that I have is that some device are not able to get into 2.4Ghz Wifi constantly and will either not connect or show that they are connected, but do not have internet access. However, 5Ghz will work for the same devices.
  • Zyxel_Eric
    Zyxel_Eric Posts: 279  Zyxel Employee
    First Answer First Comment
    Options
    Dear Sir,

Please upgrade your Multy U firmware to the latest one(V1.00(ABMY.11)C0) on your Multy App.

Regarding the ping issue, have you tried to connect the PC to your second Multy and the Root via Ethernet cable, will the ping with high latency time still happened? or it will only happen on wifi connection?

Can you provide the screenshot of the ping test? 
    Do you mean that there will have one ping latency time get high in every minute?
    Is the high latency issue affect your daily wifi usage?

BR,
    Eric

Consumer Product Help Center