WAH7601 requires reboot daily

Options
zynel
zynel Posts: 2  Freshman Member
I bought two of those LTE routers to provide internet access to house alarms and cameras. Problem is that they stop forwarding packets to/from the WAN interface. The WLAN part and usb tethering works in the sense that I can connect to the routers website. Status there shows everything OK. WAN interface has status UP. There is almost full signal on 4G. If I click disconnect in the configuration -> network -> connections it disconnects and reconnects within seconds. But there is no packets passing from wlan or usb to wan. Packets do pass between wlan clients and usb client.
The only way I've found to make the router come back to life as a router is to reboot. Either in the webinterface or the power button. Once rebooted, the router works as a router for another 6-48 hours. Then the same thing repeats. As this is the same problem with both devices I think it would be solved by firmware update.
As a temporary workaround a scheduled reboot would help. Or at least open up to telnet / ssh so that I can make a script on my camera controller that will send reboot command to the router when network disconnect is detected.

Current firmware V1.00(ABRH.1)C0

Comments

• zynel
    zynel Posts: 2  Freshman Member
    Options
    I'll add what the log in the router say. These lines are repeated over and over. Notice the cron error, where timestamp jumps 7 hours.

Oct  8 15:47:04 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1857 ipa_get_if_name() get interface name socket create failed
    Oct  8 15:47:04 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1520 ipa_nl_decode_nlmsg() Error while getting interface index
    Oct  8 15:47:04 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1822 ipa_nl_recv_msg() Failed to decode nl message
    Oct  8 15:47:04 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:177 ipa_nl_sock_listener_start() Error on read callback[0] fd=9
    Oct  8 23:47:15 mdm9625-perf cron.err crond[27888]: can't change directory to '/var/spool/cron/crontabs': No such file or directory
    Oct  8 15:47:17 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1857 ipa_get_if_name() get interface name socket create failed
    Oct  8 15:47:17 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1520 ipa_nl_decode_nlmsg() Error while getting interface index
    Oct  8 15:47:17 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1822 ipa_nl_recv_msg() Failed to decode nl message
    Oct  8 15:47:17 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:177 ipa_nl_sock_listener_start() Error on read callback[0] fd=9
    Oct  8 15:47:52 mdm9625-perf user.err ipacm: ERROR: IPACM_Netlink.cpp:1857 ipa_get_if_name() get interface name socket create failed

Consumer Product Help Center