ZyXEL VMG8924-B30A bricked after firmware upgrade

Options
After a couple years of good service the router started playing tricks on me with constant outage of WiFi connection. Resets generally helped to fix the issue but when it started occurring multiple times per day I’ve made up my mind to upgrade the firmware hoping for a fix. But as the title suggests - the router was bricked after the upgrade. Only power LED is blinking, Windows 10 sees the connection as an “Unidentified network”. Any suggestions how to roll back to the original firmware are welcome.

Comments

• Hummel
    Hummel Posts: 212  Master Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    edited November 2020
    Options
    What is the old firmware version before you upgraded and which version of the new firmware you used to upgrade the device?
    Are you able to log in the GUI?

• nikantjeks
    Options
    If its responding to ICMP and TFTP but nothing else it likely partially flashed before crashing and thus leaving itself with an incomplete OS. Unless you want to try.. Big Lots Survey 

• aarondevin
    Options
    The continuous improvements and betterment of their services are what making Big Lots one of the best American retail companies. take part in biglots survey online at the comfort of your home and get rewarded with free coupons and codes.

Consumer Product Help Center