Backup/Connect Zyxel NAS326 to Strato HiDrive

Options
franzk
franzk Posts: 16  Freshman Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
Hello @All,

has anyone already gained experience with a connection to "Strato HiDrive"?

I would like to backup / copy my NAS-data to HiDrive at regularly scheduled times.

When I try to create an RSYNC job (which would be my personal favorite for the connection / backup), I can only use the "Admin" user (which is preset in NAS). 
However, there is only one user on HiDrive available to me and he has a different name!

Please initially only submit suggestions that could be implemented with existing apps and services. 
Maybe the DropboxClient, GoogleDrive app or the Zyxel / OwnCloud can be misused? 
Alternatively, I am also open to suggestions about changes to the software!

Accepted Solution

• franzk
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note on using the FTP Uploadr:

Only unencrypted connections are possible!
    You cannot define an extra schedule, you have to configure the folder monitoring via "grace period" in the "general settings" of the FTP Uploadr.

All Replies

• EduardoG26
    Options
    I plan to ddo the same thing. I think I will use the FTP server acces of HiDrive.
  • franzk
    Options
    Hi @EduardoG26,

thanks for your answer.

FTP was then my quick solution (Filezilla and upload on Windows-PC over the LAN from NAS to Hidrive - at least it was possible as "FTPs").

But I haven't found an FTP alternative on the Zyxel NAS (neither via backup operation, nor as an APP - or should the TFTP app be able to do that? - I have tried, but this was only a TFTP-Server on the NAS - for me).
    If (T)FTP could be used - Is it possibly to use scripts on the NAS and scheduled jobs?

But all of this - i think - would only be an "emergency solution".
    None of this is a "one-sided" synchronization, as it could be defined via RSYNC (a scheduled Backup-Job which transfers only newer files to Hidrive, maybe with the option not to delete files on Hidrive which where "deleted on NAS")!
    Synology NAS's can do that (because they can change the rsync-user from admin to another user-name and it is possible to define even more optional settings)!

I think even if it would be possible to change the user in Zyxel NAS, then I still lack setting options for port and encryption.

It's a shame that Zyxel hasn't been improving this for years.
    There are also only a few apps available for use and download. You probably have to hack the system via the backdoor to adapt the NAS to your own needs.
    OK - the price is of course the key.

If your FTP solution can be used directly on the NAS, I look forward to your description and experiences.
    Thank you in advance
  • franzk
    Options
    Oh what a shame
    I am currently seeing the "Upload Manager".
    Let's see what he can do.

• franzk
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Note on using the FTP Uploadr:

Only unencrypted connections are possible!
    You cannot define an extra schedule, you have to configure the folder monitoring via "grace period" in the "general settings" of the FTP Uploadr.

Consumer Product Help Center