VMG8823-B50B and Fastweb

Options
mpeca
mpeca Posts: 1
edited January 2021 in Smart Home Product
Hi everyone, I would like to use my Zyxel VMG8823-B50B modem router with the Italian ISP Fastweb, but I was unable to configure it correctly, despite having followed the instructions contained in their web page: https://www.fastweb.it/adsl-fibra-ottica/dettagli/altri-modem/?from=landing_modem Fastweb assistance does not give me any other information. Before changing ISP I would like to make one last attempt. Can you help me, please?
Thanks.

Massimo

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,607  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    My Italian is a bit rusty. But I think in the WAN settings IPoE should be DHCP, and you have specify VLAN 100.

• tonygibbs16
    tonygibbs16 Posts: 842  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Hello @mpeca and @Mijzelf

I have auto translated the Fastweb page as follows:

"

1. Data only service and data service+voice with voice delivered in traditional mode (POTS)

To meet the best performance and performance to properly interface with Fastweb's Adsl Rame network,your modem must have the following technical features, such as:

• ADSL2+ Standard Support (ITU-T G.992.5)
    • Configurability of network parameters with the following settings:
      • VPI/VCI: 8/36
      • Protocol: RFC 2684 bridged (dynamic)
      • Encapsulation: LLC
    • DHCP client enabled on WAN interface for dynamic IP address capture
    • Configurability of LAN parameters with the following settings:
      • DHCP server enabled for dynamic address assignment to LAN-connected devices
      • How the modem works in routed mode (NAT enabled)

To meet the best performance and performance to properly interface with Fastweb's FTTN Copper Mixed Fiber network, your modem must have the following technical features, such as:

• Standard VDSL2 support (ITU-T G.993.2) up to 35b profile
    • Seamless Rate Adaptation (SRA) Support
    • G.INP Retransmission Support (ITU-T G.998.4)
    • Vectoring Support (ITU-T G.993.5)
    • Configurability of network parameters with the following settings:
      • Untagged PTM encapsulation / Tagged PTM encapsulation (VLAN ID 100; CoS 0)
    • DHCP client enabled on WAN interface for dynamic IP address capture
    • Configurability of LAN parameters with the following settings:
      • DHCP server enabled for dynamic address assignment to LAN-connected devices
      • How the modem works in routed mode (NAT enabled)"
    This means that on your 2nd screenshot you need to change VLAN to Abilitare (to enable VLAN) and then enter 100 in the box next to 802.1q and change Incapsulamento to PPPoE from IPoE.
        - using PPPoE is a guess from me, as Fastweb do not say what it should be. 
              - PPPoE is what my VDSL2 connection uses in my VMG1312-B10D, but Fastweb might require IPoE...

If you can try these please and then post a log file of what happens, then I can try to help you further.
        - My Italian is also not good, so I am using Google Translate.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Tony

Consumer Product Help Center