problem with AP after 4.60 upgrade

IT_Field_Support
IT_Field_Support Posts: 97  Ally Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hi,

We have issue on a USG40w after 4.60 patch1 upgrade. The AP are not connected anymore and we have an error when trying to manage them :
error message : -87003
WTP Log Query  : send capwap event fail

Thanks for your help,

IT Field

All Replies

• IT_Field_Support
    We had to rollback on 4.39 and now everything is okay except one AP which is still blinking orange even after reboot. We do not undestood what happened but this 4.60 seems to bring some challenges.

• IT_Field_Support
    I notice that we have the same error on another router just migrated to 4.60.
    error message : -87003
    WTP Log Query  : send capwap event fail

• IT_Field_Support
    I am sorry to say that but this 4.60 upgrade is a total disaster. All our router make the mentioned error and all the Access Point attached to the router are not connecting anymore. We already have many bricked Access Point and we have to rollback in emergency to 4.39. But at the same time all the licenses we have bought are now not compatible with routers if there are not upgraded to 4.60.
    We need quick support from Zyxel.

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,653  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Are the AP's connected to the USG40w controlled by Zyxel? Are you using the built in AP?

I've no problem with the built in AP on my USG60W with 4.60

• IT_Field_Support
    Yes AP are connected to the USG40w and managed by the Zyxel. But after the upgrade they are all blinking red and not connected, for hours..
  • kukuman
    kukuman Posts: 16  Freshman Member
    edited January 2021
    Did you try to manually reconfigure your AP profile then reboot your USG40w and AP again?

• IT_Field_Support
    Hi, I cannot reconfigure AP profile for more than 100 routers. I just want the update to not break the config... But Zyxel seems to ignore our problem.
  • Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @IT_Field_Support
    Apologized for certain inconvenience. Would you collect the AP Diagnostics information and the device remote access with us (send via private message)??? We'd like to check on what's going on there directly.

Thank you.

Regards,
  • IT_Field_Support
    Dear Zyxel_Vic,

Thanks for you reply. Zyxel has been very quiet on this issue. We noticed this problem on many sites with many AP.
    After the 4.60 update all AP goes offlines for hours. Sometime we can force the AP updates and it works but most of the time we had to do a rollback to get our system running. But the problem now is that we cannot renew licenses on router not in 4.60.
    To be honest I don't have the capacity to make some tests and to send you diagnostic information.
    We have hundreds of routers which we cannot update in these condition.
    We never had problems with firmware update in the past. We would like to know the detailed procedure to update 4.60 with AP.
    What are the requirements ?
    It seems that you made a lots of change on this firmware but there is not that much information regarding the impact of the firmware.

Thanks
  • Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @IT_Field_Support ,

The error message means the APs disconnect from the USG40W because the communication failed. The AP firmware will be upgraded via cloud after you click "check" and "apply" in AP> CONFIGURATION> Wireless> AP management> Firmware. After apply that, the AP firmware will be download and start to upgrade the AP, and the LED will show fast blinking red.
    We want to help recover the AP offline status and need a remote to check current status of the AP and the USG40W, so would you help to provide the remote to us? It can be the web GUI of the USG40W or a remote laptop with teamviewer or anydesk.
    You may PM me the information of the remote and the login account/password.
    Please let me know if you have any problem.

Security Highlight