NAS540 Tried to boot Debian from USB and now constant beeping

Options
2»

All Replies

• Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    The server is started, as there are lines of httpd in your log.
    So
    • Can you connect using telnet on the webserver? (telnet <ip> 80)
    • Is port 80 open (netstat -lptn)
    • Try another browser
  • gsshelton
    gsshelton Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Options
    Joy! I was able to access it via Safari and I tried another user in Chrome and it worked. I ended up deleting the problem user in Chrome and when I add it back in it works now. @Mijzelf I can't thank you enough for all the time you've taken to help me, it is truly appreciated!

I am still having an issue with the USB ports, all three are not seeing anything plugged into them. 
  • Mijzelf
    Mijzelf Posts: 2,605  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Options
    You didn't say anything about that kernel. If that is not a ZyXEL kernel, it's possible that usb is not correctly implemented. In that case try to up- or downgrade the firmware to make sure all parts of the firmware are correct.
    If it still fails, then you have a hardware problem. Maybe you shorted something when you took it apart? Maybe the 5V is dead. In that case the use of a powered hub might work.
  • gsshelton
    Options
    It is the Zyxel kernel. I successfully reflashed the latest firmware and tried a powered hub in all three slots, but still no USB connections. There is power going to the USB ports.
  • gsshelton
    Options
    Maybe I did do some damage when I got serial. I'm noticing that the only LED lighting up is the On light, none of the other lights come on.

Consumer Product Help Center