NWA1123-ACv2 - ALERT - Uplink currently operates at a lower speed 100Mbps

2»

All Replies

• Cornhill
    Cornhill Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I too have had the "Uplink currently operates at a lower speed 100Mbps" amber alert with my  12 NWA1123-ACv2 access points. I don't use managed switches on my network and wondered if that might be causing this. How would I "disable auto-negotiation" as Alfonso above suggests?

Does this alert mean that my access points aren't working at their full potential?

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Charles
  • Zyxel_Joslyn
    Zyxel_Joslyn Posts: 360  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hi @Cornhill

Could you help to confirm if your un-management switch is giga-bit or ethernet switch?
    If possible, please let us know the switch model.
    Also, please try to change the cable line and observe if the port speed will change to 1000Mbps.
    Thanks.

Joslyn
  • Cornhill
    Cornhill Posts: 2
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Hi Joslyn

Thanks for you reply to my query - I didn't see it until just now.

All of our switches are giga-bit ethernet switches. We have a variety on our network including Zyxel ES1100-24G and a couple of PLANET GSW240. Downstream from our main cabinet we have some NetGear switches aswell. All of our switches are powered through PLANET POE injectors. All CAT-6 cabling.

It is only the NWA1123-ACv2 access points which display the "Uplink currently operates at a lower speed 100Mbps" amber alert.

I have a couple of NWA1123-AC PRO's which show up with a green status "Uplink: 1000M/Full".

I have swapped the access points around a bit and tried connecting them at different points but the 
    NWA1123-ACv2's always show this error.

Thanks for your help

Charles
  • RVD
    RVD Posts: 3  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @Cornhill,

There are only two ports, port 25-26,  support 1G on Zyxel ES1100-24G. So, if the 12 NWA1123ACv2 are connected on other 24 ports of the switch, it seems correct for this result. 
    Are the NWA1123-AC pro connect to the port 25-26 on the Zyxel ES switch?
    Maybe it's helpful to check if you share the information about the AP connected ports on the switch. :)
  • I have the same issue.. While booting the AP I watched the state of the port on my switch and it briefly was on 1000M. But when the AP is ready the speed is 100M

• I have the same issue.. While booting the AP I watched the state of the port on my switch and it briefly was on 1000M. But when the AP is ready the speed is 100M
    Update.... with the latest firmware the problem is solved..

• tarugs
    tarugs Posts: 1
    First Anniversary
    any update on this issue?
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @tarugs,
    It seems that you didn't mention about your question, and other users had questions in previous discussions were resolved, so may I know that do you have any problem on NWA1123-ACv2 uplink connection?
    Please share more detail information to us and we'll help to check.