DHCP renew hardware button

bbros
bbros Posts: 7
First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Often the implementation of new devices implies updating IP addresses too, but restarting the switch involves major malfunctions to a working network. Would it be possible to have a hardware key (also the reset key) to force a DHCP renew on Nebula devices?
Thank you
Federico

Comments

• Zyxel_Jason
    Zyxel_Jason Posts: 394  Master Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    Hi @bbros ,

If you need to renew the DHCP IP of the Switch, you may use ZON utility to do it.
    Here is the download link of ZON utility:
    https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/Zyxel-ONE-Network-Utility-ZON-Utility/downloads

Hope it helps.

Jason
  • Zyxel_Jason

Hi @bbros ,

In my understanding, when putting a new device in the network, it should get a new DHCP IP.

May I know why you need to renew DHCP IP for the old devices?

Thanks.

Jason
  • bbros
    bbros Posts: 7
    First Anniversary Nebula Gratitude Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Nebula_Jason , I felt this need when I was changing the subnet of the switch, or I was implementing a new firewall. For example first the switch was attached to an untagged VLAN, then I changed the PVID of the uplink-switch to move the Nebula switch to the new subnet... or in the second case, first the gateway of a network was the ISP router, than I moved the router on a different subnet and I've implemented the NSG. The NSW remained to the ISP network until the renew... Just to have a shorter time to get back the switch, if I need to end the configuration. ;)

• Zyxel_Jason
    Hi @bbros ,

From your description of the scenario, Nebula Switch will renew DHCP IP automatically in about 10 minutes after Switch loss connection from NCC. If it is still too long for you, you may use ZON utility which I mentioned in the previous comment to scan the device and renew the IP.

Hope it helps.

Jason

Nebula Tips & Tricks