local domain to website domain forwarder

phzyxel
phzyxel Posts: 8  Freshman Member
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
How to redirect users in accessing the company website which is same with the company's local domain?

Comments

• phzyxel
    First Comment
    Example:

my websites domain is phzyxel.com and my local domain being use is phzyxel.com. Unfortunately, we can't access the wesites domain due to the local computers first sees the local domain. So the tendency the client will first reach the local domain and will not proceed to the websites domain. How to solve the issue?
  • phzyxel
    First Comment
    we are using USG1100 which is one of the good product!
  • Sulcus
    Sulcus Posts: 5  Freshman Member
    First Comment
    To my knowledge you can't fix this in your firewall. Your problem is your DNS server setup, and therefore you should have setup your DC domain as phzyxel.local.

Have a look at this blog, and hopefully that will fix your issue.

http://www.itgeared.com/articles/1005-active-directory-domain-name/ 
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    Hello phzyxel,
    I want to know after create the FQDN www.phzyxel.com, what is IP address of DNS server on Domain Zone forwarder.
    Please screenshot the DNS page to us for checking.
    Go to Configuration>System>DNS

Charlie
  • phzyxel
    First Comment
    Thanks Sulcus for the Comment.

Hi Zyxel_Charlie,

Please see screenshot below based on our configuration of the device. Please help on how we will resolve the issue.
    Thanks much in advance.

• phzyxel
    First Comment
    By the way, our local domain IP is 192.168.0.10.

Thank you
  • Johan
    Johan Posts: 26  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Once you got the DNS issue solved, if you want to access internal servers by their hostname/public IP remember to enable NAT-Loopback in your NAT/Port-forwarding rule.
  • phzyxel
    First Comment

Hi Johan, thanks for your comment. I tried to do what Zyxel Charlie did but still not working. Any wrong on my configuration?
  • phzyxel
    First Comment
    In my old company we used zyxel also but we are using proxy device too which enables us to access our website with the same domain on the local. How will it apply to the zyxel device without having a proxy server?

• Johan
    Johan Posts: 26  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    phzyxel said:

Hi Johan, thanks for your comment. I tried to do what Zyxel Charlie did but still not working. Any wrong on my configuration?
    Did you try enabling NAT-Loopback to your NAT-rule in the firewall that forwards traffic to the Mail/Web-server?

Security Highlight