[NEBULA] How to schedule an event driven or at least a periodic restart of my AP with NEBULA?

RTH10
RTH10 Posts: 25  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Hello, just to give you some context after several weeks of uninterrupted service my AP NWA 5123 AC-HD downgraded the uplink speed from 1000 to 100 Mbs.

I only noticed this because my network speed got throttled to 100 and I typically get 400-500 Mbs.

After careful inspection of logs I could see recent memory leaks and CPU pegging at 90 per cent. But still no direct explanation why the uplink speed got downgraded.

Thus I decided to restart the AP. After the restart the AP uplink speed displayed 1000.

no further memory leaks events could be seen .

I would like to be notified about the change of the uplink speed. It is critical event as apparently the AP firmware has bugs causing memory leaks.

And I would like to be able to trigger a restart of AP based on such an event.

FYI: I have a full version of NEBULA.

Thx

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• RTH10

Thank you. I enabled support access in NCC for you to investigate the memory leak and the CPU pegging at 90 per cent

Regarding the offered solution Can you offer to loan me a switch first?

• FrankIversen
    FrankIversen Posts: 92  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master

Schedulded/Periodic restart of ap, switch, gateway should be an option. #featurerequest

• Zyxel_Freda
    Zyxel_Freda Posts: 397  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @RTH10,

I PM you for asking the org./site name and please check your inbox and share information for us. Thanks.

Hi @FrankIversen,

I have added your request to idea category in below link.

Thanks.

• RTH10

Thanks to both

I replied to your PM and provided the information to enable the support access

and thanks for adding a scheduled /periodic restart as an enhancement request

but this also should be event driven based on notification of critical events etc

Nebula Tips & Tricks