[NEBULA] L2TP VPN to LAN error

EricBgood
EricBgood Posts: 4
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula

Trying to setup an L2TP VPN (max 5 users) to LAN1 (only network). Tried different settings (Client VPN subnet) but keep getting error "The Client VPN subnet cannot overlap with Site-to-site VPN subnets of **Site_Name** in the same organization" when saving. Found info for USG60 but it's way too complicated (compared to other routers I've successfully set up). Is there a relatively easy way to configure this? (NSG50 has latest firmware).

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Chris
    Zyxel_Chris Posts: 653  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @EricBgood ,

Welcome to Nebula community!?

This message shows up because the system detect that your L2TP pool subnet has conflict with NSG LAN/Vlan subnet, can you check on it and feel free to let me know the result.

/Chris

Chris
  • Hi & thanks for the quick response. I understood the error message but need more of a solution than an explanation. Here is an example similar to what I've done in the past & am trying to do now: Lets say the only LAN is 192.168.1.1/24, DHCP pool is from .100 to .200, when configuring the VPN client subnet I've tried settings like 192.168.1.221/29 which should give me (5) IPs for the VPN clients starting at .221 (I've done similar on other routers).

If I use 192.168.2.221/29 it doesn't error but that's not a LAN that's being used. Hopefully you or someone else can tell me how to get (5) IPs for the VPN clients in the 192.168.1.x LAN. Thanks in advance. Eric

• Thank you for a simple & concise answer. It now works just as you said. This also explains why I had trouble with other equipment while others worked the way I was trying before (some D-Link routers come to mind). Zyxel & Nebula is is the best way to go now!

Nebula Tips & Tricks